- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 onion, thickly sliced
- 1 aubergine, diced
- 200g mushrooms, wiped and halved
- 1 courgette, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 10g chunk of fresh root ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 tbsp medium curry powder
- 100g green beans, halved
- 400g can of tomatoes
- large handful of fresh coriander leaves
- flaked sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tbsp fat-free natural yoghurt
- 1 tsp dried mint (optional)
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and add the cumin seeds, onion, aubergine, mushrooms and courgette. Cook over a medium heat, stirring regularly, until the vegetables have started to soften around the edges and have taken on a bit of colour.
- Add the garlic and ginger, then sprinkle over the curry powder and season with salt and pepper. Add the green beans and pour in 200ml of water. Simmer for 2 minutes, then add the tomatoes. Simmer for about 20 minutes, until the vegetables are tender and the curry has thickened.
- Just before serving, stir in a large handful of fresh coriander. Serve with yoghurt – stir some dried mint into it if you like.
ULTIMATE GUIDE TO FREEZING
Home late, cupboards bare and can’t be bothered to cook? Get tips and tricks on freezing and defrosting homemade meals, for healthy food in a flash. Click below!