- Honey, any type, 2 tablespoons, strong flavoured
- Ginger, fresh, 2 cm piece, grated
- Red chilli pepper, 0.5 chilli, finely chopped (optional)
- Fresh lime juice, 1 portion (juice of 1 lime per portion)
- Lime peel, 1 zest from lime, grated
- Mango, 250 g, peeled and diced
- Fresh cream, whipping, 150 ml
- Creme fraiche, reduced fat, 150 ml
- Meringue nests, 4 nests
- Lime peel, 1 zest from lime, Pared lime zest to garnish
- Measure the honey into a small saucepan and add the ginger, lime juice and zest and the chilli if you are using it. Melt everything together over a low heat until very liquid. Leave to infuse for as long as possible – at least as long as it takes to peel and dice the mango. Put the mango into a bowl and strain the honey syrup over it through a sieve. Stir well.
- In a large bowl whisk the whipping cream until it is thick and forms soft peaks. Stir in the crème fraiche and whisk lightly so it is well combined with the cream – the mixture should stay just as thick.
- When you are ready to serve, break the meringues into largish chunks and add to the cream mixture. Drain the mango and add this to the cream and meringue pieces. Stir everything together with a metal spoon, as gently as you can, then divide between 6 small serving bowls or glasses. Garnish with some pared strips of lime zest if you like.
TIME TO SHED SOME TIMBER?
If this has inspired you to shed some timber then why not head over to our Weight Loss Calculator. Step on those scales and then pop your details into our Weight Loss Calculator. We’ll let you know how we can help.