Tomato and Sausage Hot-Pot
- Olive oil, 0.5 teaspoon(s)
- Pork sausage, reduced fat, raw, 3 sausage(s)
- Tomato, 2 large , diced
- Onion, 1 medium , diced
- Celery, 2 stick(s) , diced
- Courgette, 130 g , diced
- Garlic, 1 clove(s)
- Brown sugar, 1 teaspoon(s)
- Chicken stock, salt reduced, prepared as directed, 250 ml
- Dried fennel seeds, 1 teaspoon(s)
- Cook the sausages in a non-stick frying pan or on the barbecue for 2-3 minutes each side, until just cooked through. Slice and set aside.
- Warm the oil in a large pot on a medium heat. Add the fennel seeds, tomatoes, onion and garlic and cook for 3-4 minutes. Add in all the vegetables, stock, sugar, sausages and a pinch of salt.
- Leave to simmer for 6-8 minutes, until the vegetables are tender and the sauce has slightly thickened.