- Olive oil, 0.5 teaspoon(s)
- Pork sausage, reduced fat, raw, 3 sausage(s)
- Tomato, 2 large , diced
- Onion, 1 medium , diced
- Celery, 2 stick(s) , diced
- Courgette, 130 g , diced
- Garlic, 1 clove(s)
- Brown sugar, 1 teaspoon(s)
- Chicken stock, salt reduced, prepared as directed, 250 ml
- Dried fennel seeds, 1 teaspoon(s)
- Cook the sausages in a non-stick frying pan or on the barbecue for 2-3 minutes each side, until just cooked through. Slice and set aside.
- Warm the oil in a large pot on a medium heat. Add the fennel seeds, tomatoes, onion and garlic and cook for 3-4 minutes. Add in all the vegetables, stock, sugar, sausages and a pinch of salt.
- Leave to simmer for 6-8 minutes, until the vegetables are tender and the sauce has slightly thickened.
Ultimate guide to freezing
Home late, cupboards bare and can’t be bothered to cook? Get tips and tricks on freezing and defrosting homemade meals, for healthy food in a flash. Click below!