This vegetarian dish is one to try out on even your meat-eating friends and family!
- Firm tofu, 350 g
- Green pepper, 0.5 average
- Yellow pepper, 0.5 average
- Soy sauce, salt reduced, 1 tablespoon(s)
- Honey, any type, 2 teaspoon(s)
- Oyster sauce, 1 teaspoon(s)
- Ginger, fresh, 2 teaspoon(s) , grated
- Fresh lime juice, 1 tablespoon(s)
- Rice noodles, dried, 40 g
- Olive oil spray, 1 spray(s)
- Pak choy, 1 bunch(s)
- Mushrooms, 120 g
- Thread the cubed tofu onto bamboo or metal skewers alternately with the pepper. Try to ensure they are all a similar thickness so they cook at the same rate.
- In a bowl, mix together the soya sauce, honey, oyster sauce, fresh ginger and lime juice to create the marinade.
- Place the skewers onto a plate, pour over the marinade and leave for 30 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Meanwhile, place the rice noodles in a heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water. Leave to soak for 5 minutes, drain and set aside.
- Heat a non-stick fry pan over a medium heat. Spray lightly with olive oil and cook the skewers for 2 minutes each side, or until slightly charred and caramelized. Remove from the pan and set aside in a warm area.
- Place the same pan back onto a medium heat. Add in the pak choy, mushrooms and the remaining marinade juices. Cook for 3-4 minutes, or until the vegetables are cooked and the marinade has slightly reduced.
- Divide the rice noodles between serving bowls, top with the vegetables and pour over any juices. Add on the tofu skewers and serve warm.
TIME TO SHED SOME TIMBER?
If this has inspired you to shed some timber then why not head over to our Weight Loss Calculator. Step on those scales and then pop your details into our Weight Loss Calculator. We’ll let you know how we can help.