This delectable lamb is teamed with a light, refreshing quinoa salad for the perfect nutritional balance.
- Quinoa, 70 g
- Lamb, average, extra trimmed lean, 300 g
- Sumac, 1 teaspoon(s)
- Sea salt, 2 pinch(s)
- Black pepper, ground, 1 pinch(s)
- Olive oil spray, 1 spray(s)
- Parsley, fresh, 8 large sprig(s) , chopped
- Mint, fresh, 8 sprig(s) , chopped
- Coriander, 8 sprig(s) , chopped
- Cucumber, 1 cucumber(s)
- Red pepper, 1 average
- Cherry tomatoes, 10 medium , halved
- Lemon juice, fresh, 1 tablespoon(s)
- Honey, any type, 1 teaspoon(s)
- Place the quinoa in a heavy based pan and cover with cold water. Place over a medium heat, bring to a simmer and cook for 12-14 minutes. Drain and leave to cool.
- Place a non-stick fry pan over a medium heat. Season the lamb with the sumac, salt, pepper and a light spray of olive oil and cook for 3-4 minutes each side, or until cooked to your liking. Remove from the heat and set aside to rest.
- In a large bowl, place the cooked quinoa, parsley, mint, coriander, cucumber, red pepper and cherry tomatoes.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the lemon juice and honey, along with a pinch of sea salt and pepper. Pour over the salad and toss well to combine.
- Divide between the serving bowls. Slice the lamb into ½ cm strips and place on top of the salad. Serve warm.
TIME TO SHED SOME TIMBER?
If this has inspired you to shed some timber then why not head over to our Weight Loss Calculator. Step on those scales and then pop your details into our Weight Loss Calculator. We’ll let you know how we can help.