- Fish, any type, raw, 400 g
- Cornflour, 2 tablespoon(s)
- Salt, 1 pinch(s)
- Black pepper, ground, 1 pinch(s)
- Olive oil, 2 teaspoon(s)
- Ginger, fresh, 2 tablespoon(s) , sliced into thin strips
- Green chilli pepper, 1 pepper(s) , seeds removed, sliced into strips
- Lemon juice, fresh, 2 tablespoon(s)
- Sesame oil, 1 teaspoon(s)
- Cooking wine, 1 tablespoon(s)
- Fish sauce, 2 teaspoon(s)
- White sugar, 1 g
- Spring onions, whole, 2 average , sliced into strips
- Red chilli pepper, 1 chilli(s) , seeds removed, sliced into strips
- Mix the cornflour, salt and pepper together then rub onto the fish so that it is lightly covered.
- Heat 1/2 tbsp oil in a wok or non-stick pan. Fry the ginger, then place on paper towel to soak up any excess oil.
- Add fish to the pan and cook for about 4 mintues on each side or until it's lightly browned. Remove fish from the pan and place on paper towel. Cover with foil to keep warm.
- For the sauce, add the remaining 1/2 tbsp of oil to the pan along with lemon juice, sesame oil, cooking wine, fish sauce and sugar, and cook on a low heat for 2 minutes.
- To serve, place fish on a plate, pour over the sauce and top with sliced spring onions, ginger and chilli.
TIME TO SHED SOME TIMBER?
If this has inspired you to shed some timber then why not head over to our Weight Loss Calculator. Step on those scales and then pop your details into our Weight Loss Calculator. We’ll let you know how we can help.