- Ginger, fresh, 1 tablespoon(s) , grated
- Red chilli pepper, 0.5 chilli(s) , seeded and finely sliced
- Garlic, 2 clove(s) , crushed
- Soya sauce, salt reduced, 1 tablespoon(s)
- Sweet soy sauce (ketjap manis), 1 teaspoon(s)
- Fish sauce, 0.5 teaspoon(s)
- Fresh lime juice, 1 tablespoon(s)
- Oyster sauce, 0.5 teaspoon(s)
- Sake, 2.5 ml
- Chicken breast, lean, raw, 550 g , cut into 1cm strips
- Olive oil spray, 1 spray(s)
- Onion, 2 medium , finely sliced
- Ginger, fresh, 1 tablespoon(s) , grated - extra
- Garlic, 4 clove(s) , crushed - extra
- Baby sweetcorn, canned, drained, 120 g , spears cut into thirds
- Green broccoli, 1 head(s) , cut into small florets
- Red pepper, 0.5 average , finely sliced
- Tap water, 60 ml
- Vermicelli, 100 g
- Cornflour, 1 teaspoon(s)
- Water chestnuts, 40 g , sliced
- Plain cashew nuts, 1 small handful(s) , roughly chopped
- Coriander leaves, 10 g , chopped
- Combine marinade ingredients; ginger, chilli, garlic, soy sauce, kecap manis (sweet soy sauce), fish sauce, lime juice, oyster sauce and rice wine, and pour half over the chicken pieces, tossing to coat. Leave to marinate for 2 hours.
- Heat a wok or large frying pan over a low heat, spray lightly with oil, add the onions and cook gently for a few minutes until soft. Add the extra ginger, garlic and corn and cook lightly for a couple of minutes. Remove chicken pieces from the marinade, keeping any remaining liquid, and add to the wok. Increase heat and toss for 3 minutes until browned. Add the broccoli, pepper and water. Reduce to a simmer and cook for 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tender. Stir the remaining marinade through and heat.
- Cover the vermicelli noodles with boiling water and let stand for 2 minutes, then drain.
- Mix the cornflour with a teaspoon of water. Move all ingredients to one side of the wok and add the cornflour mixture, stirring until it thickens to a sauce.
- Add the noodles, water chestnuts, cashew nuts and coriander leaves, mix everything together thoroughly and serve.
TIME TO SHED SOME TIMBER?
If this has inspired you to shed some timber then why not head over to our Weight Loss Calculator. Step on those scales and then pop your details into our Weight Loss Calculator. We’ll let you know how we can help.