Chicken and Cashew Starry
- Ginger, fresh, 1 tablespoon(s) , grated
- Red chilli pepper, 0.5 chilli(s) , seeded and finely sliced
- Garlic, 2 clove(s) , crushed
- Soya sauce, salt reduced, 1 tablespoon(s)
- Sweet soy sauce (ketjap manis), 1 teaspoon(s)
- Fish sauce, 0.5 teaspoon(s)
- Fresh lime juice, 1 tablespoon(s)
- Oyster sauce, 0.5 teaspoon(s)
- Sake, 2.5 ml
- Chicken breast, lean, raw, 550 g , cut into 1cm strips
- Olive oil spray, 1 spray(s)
- Onion, 2 medium , finely sliced
- Ginger, fresh, 1 tablespoon(s) , grated - extra
- Garlic, 4 clove(s) , crushed - extra
- Baby sweetcorn, canned, drained, 120 g , spears cut into thirds
- Green broccoli, 1 head(s) , cut into small florets
- Red pepper, 0.5 average , finely sliced
- Tap water, 60 ml
- Vermicelli, 100 g
- Cornflour, 1 teaspoon(s)
- Water chestnuts, 40 g , sliced
- Plain cashew nuts, 1 small handful(s) , roughly chopped
- Coriander leaves, 10 g , chopped
- Combine marinade ingredients; ginger, chilli, garlic, soy sauce, kecap manis (sweet soy sauce), fish sauce, lime juice, oyster sauce and rice wine, and pour half over the chicken pieces, tossing to coat. Leave to marinate for 2 hours.
- Heat a wok or large frying pan over a low heat, spray lightly with oil, add the onions and cook gently for a few minutes until soft. Add the extra ginger, garlic and corn and cook lightly for a couple of minutes. Remove chicken pieces from the marinade, keeping any remaining liquid, and add to the wok. Increase heat and toss for 3 minutes until browned. Add the broccoli, pepper and water. Reduce to a simmer and cook for 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tender. Stir the remaining marinade through and heat.
- Cover the vermicelli noodles with boiling water and let stand for 2 minutes, then drain.
- Mix the cornflour with a teaspoon of water. Move all ingredients to one side of the wok and add the cornflour mixture, stirring until it thickens to a sauce.
- Add the noodles, water chestnuts, cashew nuts and coriander leaves, mix everything together thoroughly and serve.