Some peaches are sweet and delicious just as they are, but others need a little help and the honey in this recipe adds just enough sweetness.
- 4 peaches, cut in half and stones removed
- 4 tsp honey
- 2 tbsp chopped almonds
- 8 amaretti biscuits
- 25g butter, melted
- 8 tsp amaretto liqueur (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/Fan 180°C/Gas 6. Put the peaches, cut side up, in an ovenproof dish or baking tray.
- Drizzle a teaspoon of honey over each of the peach halves, then put them in the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- Put the almonds in a dry frying pan and cook them over a medium heat until very lightly toasted. Crush the amaretti biscuits until they resemble coarse breadcrumbs and mix them with the almonds. Pour over the butter and mix together.
- Remove the peaches from the oven. Divide the nut and biscuit mixture between the peach halves and drizzle over the liqueur, if using. Bake for another 15 minutes until the peaches and topping are lightly brown. Spoon over any cooking juices and serve with low-fat crème fraiche if you like – but don’t forget to add the extra calories to your total.
TIME TO SHED SOME TIMBER?
If this has inspired you to shed some timber then why not head over to our Weight Loss Calculator. Step on those scales and then pop your details into our Weight Loss Calculator. We’ll let you know how we can help.