This recipe is from member Paul Gilks. Brilliant for breakfast, particularly if you are in a hurry, but also great to serve to friends with drinks or afternoon tea. They are 290 calories each, but as a breakfast that's not totally bad. Just be sure to add it to your online food diary!
- 400g plain flour
- 25ml baking powder
- 5ml salt
- 15ml mixed spice
- 5ml cinnamon
- 140g granulated sugar
- 2 eating apples, peeled and finely chopped
- 150g dried cranberries (or raisins or mixed dried fruit if you prefer)
- 250ml semi skimmed milk
- 100ml oil
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 180c - 190c.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a large bowl, beat all the wet ingredients together in another bowl, combine the wet into the dry and mix together but don't beat or over mix.
- Spoon equal amounts of mixture into each muffin case and bake for approximately 20 minutes. They may need a few minutes more, keep an eye on them.
- They are best left to cool but I can testify they taste lovely warm and the kitchen will smell lovely! They are probably at their very best for breakfast the next morning.