Quick Oriental Pork
Use any vegetables you have to hand, or buy a bag of stir fry veg for this speedy Asian-flavoured pork dish. It’s best served with boiled rice.
- Olive oil spray, 1 spray
- Pork extra trimmed lean, 350g
- Garlic, 1 clove, peeled and chopped
- Onion, 0.5 medium, peeled and chopped
- Cabbage, 80g, finely chopped
- Mixed vegetables, any type, 240g , e.g. mushrooms, mangetout, beansprouts
- Sesame seeds, 1 teaspoon
- White sugar, 0.5 teaspoon
- Soy sauce, salt reduced, 2 teaspoons, or regular soy sauce if salt reduced is unavailable
- Mirin,1 teaspoon
- Oyster sauce, 2 teaspoons
- Spray and heat oil in non-stick frying pan to a high heat. When the oil is very hot, add the pork and garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Mix in the onion and cabbage and cook for another minute, stirring occasionally. You might need to add a little water.
- Next add the mixed vegetables, sesame seeds, sugar, soy sauce, mirin and oyster sauce. Cook for a further minute, until the vegetables are cooked but still firm, stirring well.
- Serve immediately.