Use any vegetables you have to hand, or buy a bag of stir fry veg for this speedy Asian-flavoured pork dish. It’s best served with boiled rice.
- Olive oil spray, 1 spray
- Pork extra trimmed lean, 350g
- Garlic, 1 clove, peeled and chopped
- Onion, 0.5 medium, peeled and chopped
- Cabbage, 80g, finely chopped
- Mixed vegetables, any type, 240g , e.g. mushrooms, mangetout, beansprouts
- Sesame seeds, 1 teaspoon
- White sugar, 0.5 teaspoon
- Soy sauce, salt reduced, 2 teaspoons, or regular soy sauce if salt reduced is unavailable
- Mirin,1 teaspoon
- Oyster sauce, 2 teaspoons
- Spray and heat oil in non-stick frying pan to a high heat. When the oil is very hot, add the pork and garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Mix in the onion and cabbage and cook for another minute, stirring occasionally. You might need to add a little water.
- Next add the mixed vegetables, sesame seeds, sugar, soy sauce, mirin and oyster sauce. Cook for a further minute, until the vegetables are cooked but still firm, stirring well.
- Serve immediately.
TIME TO SHED SOME TIMBER?
If this has inspired you to shed some timber then why not head over to our Weight Loss Calculator. Step on those scales and then pop your details into our Weight Loss Calculator. We’ll let you know how we can help.