This colourful salad uses fresh mango, which is now available all year round in most supermarkets.
- Vermicelli noodles, 60g, (dried)
- Mango, unripe, 500g, sliced into strips
- Mint, fresh, 0.5 bunch, chopped
- Coriander, 0.5 bunch, chopped
- Basil, fresh, 0.25 bunch, chopped
- French beans, 100g
- Red chilli pepper, 1 chilli, seeded and finely chopped
- Cherry tomatoes, 8 medium, halved
- Fresh lime juice, 1 tablespoon, (juice of 1/2 lime)
- Fish sauce, 2 teaspoons
- Honey, any type, 1 teaspoon
- Olive oil, 0.5 teaspoon
- Prawns, frozen, 300g, tails left on
- Salt, 1 pinch
- Black pepper, ground, 1 pinch
- Place the noodles in a heatproof bowl, cover with boiling water and leave to soak for 5 minutes, or until tender. Drain and place in two serving bowls. Set aside.
- Put the sliced mango into a large bowl with the mint, coriander, basil, beans, chilli pepper and tomatoes.
- In another bowl, combine the lime juice, fish sauce, honey and oil to make the dressing and pour over the salad. Toss to coat and set aside.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Season the prawns with a pinch of salt and pepper, place in the pan and cook for 2 minutes each side, or until just cooked and changed colour.
- Divide the green mango salad in half and place on top of the cooked noodles. Top the salad with the grilled prawns and serve warm.
TIME TO SHED SOME TIMBER?
If this has inspired you to shed some timber then why not head over to our Weight Loss Calculator. Step on those scales and then pop your details into our Weight Loss Calculator. We’ll let you know how we can help.