Mango and prawn salad
This colourful salad uses fresh mango, which is now available all year round in most supermarkets.
- Vermicelli noodles, 60g, (dried)
- Mango, unripe, 500g, sliced into strips
- Mint, fresh, 0.5 bunch, chopped
- Coriander, 0.5 bunch, chopped
- Basil, fresh, 0.25 bunch, chopped
- French beans, 100g
- Red chilli pepper, 1 chilli, seeded and finely chopped
- Cherry tomatoes, 8 medium, halved
- Fresh lime juice, 1 tablespoon, (juice of 1/2 lime)
- Fish sauce, 2 teaspoons
- Honey, any type, 1 teaspoon
- Olive oil, 0.5 teaspoon
- Prawns, frozen, 300g, tails left on
- Salt, 1 pinch
- Black pepper, ground, 1 pinch
- Place the noodles in a heatproof bowl, cover with boiling water and leave to soak for 5 minutes, or until tender. Drain and place in two serving bowls. Set aside.
- Put the sliced mango into a large bowl with the mint, coriander, basil, beans, chilli pepper and tomatoes.
- In another bowl, combine the lime juice, fish sauce, honey and oil to make the dressing and pour over the salad. Toss to coat and set aside.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Season the prawns with a pinch of salt and pepper, place in the pan and cook for 2 minutes each side, or until just cooked and changed colour.
- Divide the green mango salad in half and place on top of the cooked noodles. Top the salad with the grilled prawns and serve warm.