Here’s a healthy way to make a classic dish. Serve with a simple green salad.
- Pasta, uncooked, 300g
- Olive oil spray, 1 spray
- Chicken mince, raw, 450g
- Garlic, 1 clove, crushed
- Onion, 1 small, diced
- Carrot, 2 carrots, diced
- Courgette, 1 large, diced
- French beans, 100g, trimmed
- Ham, 50g, sliced
- Tomatoes, canned, whole contents, 1 400g can
- Tomato puree, 2 tablespoons
- Cheese, half fat, 60g
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC, gas mark 4.
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling water according to package instructions or until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- Coat a large saucepan with a light spray of olive oil. Heat over medium heat. Add the chicken and garlic and cook for 5–8 minutes or until browned. Remove from the pan and set aside. Be sure to drain off and discard any excess liquid.
- Return the saucepan to the heat and cook the onion and carrot for 3–5 minutes. Add the courgette and French beans and cook for a further 2–3 minutes. Add the chicken mixture, ham, tomatoes and tomato puree and bring to boil. Remove from the heat, add the pasta and stir to combine.
- Spoon the mixture into a medium baking dish and sprinkle with grated cheese. Bake for 10–15 minutes or until the cheese is golden. Remove from the oven and rest for 5 minutes. Serve with a simple green salad.
TIME TO SHED SOME TIMBER?
If this has inspired you to shed some timber then why not head over to our Weight Loss Calculator. Step on those scales and then pop your details into our Weight Loss Calculator. We’ll let you know how we can help.