Lemongrass should be easy to find in the supermarket, either fresh or in a jar. If you can’t find it just use a big squeeze of lemon.
- Vermicelli noodles, 60g, (dried)
- Beef, extra trimmed lean, average, 350g , sliced
- Lemongrass, 1 stalk (edible portion), finely chopped
- Olive oil, 0.5 teaspoon
- Honey, any type, 1 teaspoon
- Fish sauce, 2 teaspoons
- Ginger, fresh, 1 teaspoon, peeled and finely chopped
- Garlic, 1 clove, peeled and chopped
- Mint, fresh, 1 bunch, roughly chopped
- Coriander, 1 bunch, roughly chopped
- Basil, fresh, 0.25 bunch, roughly chopped
- Cucumber, 0.5 cucumber, chopped
- Carrot, 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- Lettuce, any type, 1 salad serve, finely sliced
- Fresh lime juice, 1 tablespoon
- Sweet chilli sauce, 1 teaspoon
- Place the noodles into a large bowl, cover with boiling water and leave to soak for 5 minutes. Drain and set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile place the sliced beef, lemongrass, olive oil, honey, fish sauce, ginger and garlic in a large bowl and mix well to coat. If you have time, leave the meat to marinade for 4 hours, otherwise it can be cooked straight away. Thread the beef strips evenly onto 4 bamboo or metal skewers.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over a medium to high heat. Cook the skewers for 2 minutes each side, or until cooked through. Remove from the heat and rest in a warm area.
- In a large bowl, place the cooked noodles, mint, coriander, basil, cucumber, carrot and lettuce. Mix the lime juice and sweet chilli sauce together and pour over the noodle salad. Toss well to combine and divide the salad between the serving bowls and top with the beef skewers. Serve warm.
TIME TO SHED SOME TIMBER?
If this has inspired you to shed some timber then why not head over to our Weight Loss Calculator. Step on those scales and then pop your details into our Weight Loss Calculator. We’ll let you know how we can help.